Getting married is an exciting time, but it can also be stressful with all the planning. Here are the 5 most important things to do as soon as you say ‘I do’!
1. Once you know roughly when you would like to tie the knot, look at venues immediately. The great ones get booked up way in advance and you may want to tweak your date based on the availability of your ideal venue.
2. Order your dress. You would not think it would take that long to make a dress but most top designers are operating with a backlog and your order could take a few months to a year to get done. This is such an exciting part anyway, why wait!
3. Start your beauty regime. It takes several months to start seeing results so whether its laser hair removal, luxury facials or hair treatments, get on it!
4. Book your makeup artist. You obviously want to look your best on the most important day of your life. Make sure you ask friends for recommendations and check out the portfolios and visit the studios of your top choices. Get a trial if possible or opt for party makeup for another event to serve as a trial.
5. Research ideas online. There is so much information available to help you decide what kind of decor you want, the dress that screams you, what entertainment your guests would like, and all the wonderful things you could buy under the umbrella of wedding shopping! Check out pinterest and online stores to look through collections of top Pakistani Designers all in one place.
Whatever you do, don’t take too much stress and get your friends and family to pitch in as much as possible! Remember, it’s YOUR wedding so YOU should have the most fun!!
It’s that time of year when we all start thinking about what we will wear for eid. This year, I got my act together fast, maybe I’m becoming more efficient as the years go on, or perhaps I’m just very excited! Everything gets chaotic towards the end so I spent a few solid hours late night browsing on the internet and ordered this amazing outfit by Silk by Fawad Khan.
Why this one?
1. Really wanted a knee length dress
2. Love the summer jackets trend and this one is just stunning!
3. I’ve been told red is my colour, though it works well with most desi skin tones 🙂
I’m going to match it with my silver chanel boy (recent splurge), this gorgeous ring I picked out from L’atelier’s Online Store (it’s by Hamna Amir) and my dependable nude strappy heels by Dior. The only thing missing? Some arm candy, for which I’m headed to the Eid Bazaar at L’atelier Lahore tomorrow!!
So, what will you be wearing?
The latest revolution in shopping in Desi land is the escalation of Online Shopping in Pakistan and by Pakistanis abroad. If you have been missing out on this phenomenon, here are 5 good reasons why you shouldn’t!!
1. Peace of mind in selection thanks to detailed info on outfits available, including material, measurements, multiple pics.
2. Secure payment gateways so you can be sure your money wont go missing.
3. Greater ease of communication with live chat facilities and free skype calls.
4. Fast delivery in 3-5 days, anywhere in the world.
5. Cash on delivery available in Pakistan. If you are abroad and visit / have visitors often, simply ship directly to a family address for only $2!!
Don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself! http://www.latelier-pk.com
What am I going to wear!?!?!!It’s obviously important I look fab 🙂 but there are so many events to plan for and so many looks to choose from. I starting searching online and this is what I found. Let me know what you think!
Milad: Since the event is in the day, I’ve opted for this beautiful nude outfit by Elan that comes equipped with a dupatta and full sleeves which are not always available without request these day 🙂
Elan for the Milaad
Nikah: This is a small close family brunch, I’ve selected this subtle ivory outfit in a lovely fabric by Sania Maskatiya.
Sania Maskatiya for the Nikah
Mayoun: I love the patta patti fitted full sleeves that are now in fashion, and in mehndi colour, this Sarah Raza ensemble makes for a lovely Mayoun outfit.
Sarah Raza for the Mayoun
Mehndi: I want something colourful and as I’m dancing, something comfortable too. I love this turquoise dress by Tena Durrani, it’s simply stunning!
Tena Durrani for the Mehndi
Shadi: This is a big event, so I’ve decided to go bold with this eye catching Fahad Hussayn dress. Sometimes the colour is half the job done!
Fahad Hussayn for the Wedding
Valima: Crop tops are really in vogue as are long jackets and sequins, Zari Faisal has beautifully put this outfit together, perfect for a summer event.
Zari Faisal for the Valima
These dresses are all from the website, http://www.latelier-pk.com. Do let me know what you think.